Video: Thursday, April 13th before 3:00 pm
Report: Tuesday, April 18th before 7:00 pm
- Full instructions are here
- The Google Slides used in class is here
- The Report Requirements are here
- Submit your video here
- The rubric will be posted here
This project will be conducted in your unit groups with each group member completing a report individually.
Your task: to design a method to address the 3 following scenarios using a pull-back car and constant motion buggy. A report must be ready for submission on the due date with the following sections:
- Diagrams of each scenario.
- Measurements & calculations made during class time.
- Derivation of the equation(s) used to perform the task.
- A conclusion and brief discussion of maximum 300 words including applications of this task (e.g. how this exercise can be used to program self driving cars).
When designing your experiments to measure acceleration and speed of your cars, remember to consider the following important factors:
- Keeping the acceleration of the pull-back car consistent – how many times do you wind it up? What is the pull-back distance each time?
- How do you keep the cars going straight?
- Make sure you use the same cars every time.
- Car Chase
- Head-on Collision
- Two-dimensional Collision